Pomegranate is a beautiful, delicious fruit. It contains lots of vitamins and abundant antioxidant properties that are helpful to cure many diseases. Pomegranate juice is beneficial to get younger, wrinkle-free skin and also improves skin complexion.
It also has many medicinal properties that are why specialists advise elders to consume it daily and prevent many serious diseases. So, in this article, we will guide you on how to squeeze pomegranate juice at home.
There are many methods to make citrus food juice, but making juice without a juicer and blender can preserve many enzymes, minerals, and antioxidant properties compared to using a juicer and blender.
Let us come to the point directly and get information related to citrus fruit. So, keep scrolling without further ado.
How To Squeeze Pomegranate Juice – Best Method
Pomegranate is a wonderful fruit for health that contains numerous benefits for everyone. Here we discuss some benefits of these fruits and how to make pomegranate juice at home with a quick and mess-free method.
- Salt for Sprinkle
- 2 Glass
- 2 Straws
- Few Pomegranate Seed And Mint For Garnishing The Glass
Best Way To Peel A Pomegranate
- Wash the pomegranate thoroughly with water and dry it with a kitchen towel.
- Now take a knife and a pot or dish for cutting.
- Cut off the top, which is called the crown.
- With the crown, scoop out the middle yellow skin portion from the crown area.
- Now make five shallows with the top of the knife slightly. Make sure it just cuts the bumpy portions of the pomegranate with minimum pressure.
- Peel out each section one by one.
This step is after peeling the entire skin of the fruit.
- Now collect the pearl using your finger (not nail).
- This step takes time to pull each pearl by finger and make sure you don’t collect the damaged part of the fruit.
- Also, avoid the yellow skin of the fruit, which is also called a membrane, and only collect fresh red pearls.
- After collecting all the pearls in the bowl, wash it again with water and set aside for 2 minutes.
Tip: You can store these pearls in a tight container for 3-4 months in the refrigerator.
So, now we can make fresh juice in different ways. Using the best juicers and blenders is a common way of making juice.
How to make pomegranate juice by hand at home
So, ready for juicing without a juicer and blender. Here you need one big jar for meshing.
- Now put pomegranate pearls in the jar
- Mash it with a cocktail muddler. If you don’t have one, you can use a potato masher for this task.
- Mesh with a little bit of force and extract all juice from the seeds.
- When you realize it’s a proper mesh and no seed remaining, use a stain or a polyethylene fabric to squeeze the plump.
- You can also use a strainer if you don’t have polythene paper.
- Now squeeze out the juice in a jug until the seeds are completely dry.
- Now decorate it with salt, and mint leaves in a glass. And enjoy fresh pomegranate juice every day.
It’s easiest to strain out / squeeze out the seeds method; you don’t need any blender for it.
How To Make Pomegranate Juice For Babies
No doubt pomegranate has huge benefits for babies, young, and especially for elders. It has lots of health benefits for babies.
You can take juice to your babies when they are up to six months old. They help absorb iron in the body and are beneficial when you take pomegranate juice during mealtime as giving juice with meals.
Keep in mind that it doesn’t take pure juice on your baby. It is not good for the baby’s health. Always prefer ¼ cup water with one part pomegranate pure juice and give 100ml per day it’s helpful to prevent tooth decay.
So, here is a quick recipe to make pomegranate juice for babies.
Total prep time 10 minutes
Pomegranate 1 medium size
Water ¼ cup
- First, wash the pomegranate and peel out the seed in a simple way.
- Only Collect the fresh and clean pearls of pomegranate using your finger.
- Avoid the inner skin and damage the pearl.
- Collect in a bowl and wash it again thoroughly.
- Now put the all-fresh pearl into a blender and add ¼ cup of water.
- Blend it for 10-15 seconds.
- Avoid grinding for a long time because too much grinding can mesh pomegranate seeds too.
- Now strain and collect the juice in a vessel.
- Always give fresh juice to your baby
- Don’t blend too much
- Only serve fresh juice
- Don’t use chill water for baby
- Don’t use extra sour pomegranate
- For up to one-year baby use honey and chill water
Pomegranate Juice Benefits
Here we enlisted some benefits of pomegranate juice which are
- It helps to reduce inflammation
- High level of antioxidants properties
- Rich in potassium, calcium, vitamins C and E
- Great source of fiber
- Help to control blood pressure
- Help to prevent heart disease
- Low in calories
- It helps to cure any disease
- Best for elder and pregnant women
- Improve digestive system
- Control, fevers, boost the immune system
- Best to cure stomach infection
Pomegranate Juice Side Effects
Overall, pomegranate does not have any side effects, but use for different people may have appeared some issues just as gastrointestinal sensitivities that may lead to diarrhea.
By the way, pomegranate juice is considered safe, as is pomegranate extract. But if you are taking it with stem, seeds, and skin, it may have caused some issues like
- If you take pomegranate with seeds, it may cause abdominal pain.
- Seeds also disturb your stomach.
- According to research, ingesting pomegranate extract is harmful during pregnancy.
- It’s also harmful to breastfeeding moms and babies.
- It’s likely safe for many people, but sometimes you take high amounts of citrus fruit. It may cause diarrhea, allergies, itching, swelling, and may cause difficulty breathing.
- If you take an extra dosage of anything, it will react instead of benefit.
How to juice a pomegranate in a juicer
There are many best juicers for pomegranates in the market that extract juices. These are manual as well as electric juicers but it depends upon the user which juicer he uses.
You can extract pomegranate juice with electric juice. Put the pomegranate seeds in the juicer and turn on the switch and collect the juice in the pitcher.
Then pour it into the glass. You can choose VBENLEM electric Juicer for pomegranate juice that you can buy from Amazon and Walmart.
How to make pomegranate juice without a juicer?
when you do not have any manual or electric juicer for extracting juice from the pomegranate we use old fashion methods.
First, you cut the pomegranate into 4 pieces and separate all seeds from it. Then put all the pomegranate seeds into a bag or clothes.
Peel the pomegranate seed with your hands until the last drop of juice is came out from the seeds. Pour the juice into the class with the help of a mesh net and enjoy delicious juice.
How to make pomegranate juice for weight loss?
Pomegranate juice contains a high amount of fiber, Polyphenols and is low in calories. it increases the appetite that helps you to lose in your weight.
For an effective way of weight loss, you must drink a fresh pomegranate juicer that you can extract with the help of the best juicer for weight loss. Put the pomegranate in the juicer and take fresh and rich nutrient juice to drink for weight loss.
What to mix with pomegranate juice?
You can mix salt, mint, ginger juice, apple juice, citrus, and coconut for flavor and sugar or honey according to your taste.
What is the best time to drink pomegranate juice?
The best time to drink fresh juice is always in the morning. Because in the morning you feel fresh and your body is active to consume every food. If you take any food at night, your weight will increase, your stomach can be upset, and citrus food affects sleep quality!
Who should avoid pomegranate juice?
Actually, the pomegranate taste is sure. Elders avoid adding sugar and drink only 100% pure juice. Because it may cause diabetes, in another case, if you have diarrhea, you should prevent pomegranate extract. Pregnant women should also avoid citrus food because it may contain a high amount of fruit rind.
Does Pomegranate Contain Poison?
The seeds are a healthful fruit for everyone, but the other parts of the pomegranate like the stem, and the skin may have contained some poison, but it is not severe for health.
Hence, there are many ways to squeeze pomegranate to get high-quality juice like by hand, or by other citrus juicers. I hope this guide will be helpful to squeeze the Pome with manual ways as well as an electric juicer. Take pomegranate and extract the juice and enjoy a healthy life.